Volunteer Sorting & Stock (Donation & Distribution Centre) Volunteer Role Description
Ashgate Hospice Donation Centre, Storforth Lane, Hasland
Various shifts available. The Donation Centre is open from 9am-4pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday; 9am-5pm Thursday and Friday; 10am-4pm Sunday
We are looking for volunteers who can provide a minimum commitment of 2 hours per shift if possible.
The Donation Centre
Our Donation Centre in Hasland is the ‘go to place’ for members of the public who wish to donate their items to Ashgate Hospicecare. Donated items are sorted at the Donation Centre for onward delivery to our 15 shops.
Outline of the Role
We are looking for people with a few hours to spare each week who can help sort and organise donated items.
- Sorting donated items.
- Promoting the work of the Hospice.
- Maintaining cleanliness and housekeeping.
An interest in bric-a-brac; books and general high street products would be helpful. However full training will be provided. We are looking for individuals who are reliable, who can work independently as well part of a team.
Other important information
- All volunteers are required to maintain confidentiality around patient and Hospice information. Training will be given on this.
- We can only accept volunteers who are aged 16 and over and can be suitably matched to the role
- Training Requirements:
- Volunteer Statutory Training (3 hours)
- Ashgate Story (3 Hours)
- OR Volunteering Statutory/Ashgate Story Workbook