CNEDCU is a not-for-profit savings and loan provider for the community of Derbyshire. Established in 1988 we are part of a worldwide “community bank” with each credit union operating independently within a defined geographical area for the benefit of their Members.
Opportunity has arisen for the role of Treasurer within the organisation. This is a key role and one which the appointee will have support and training from the current Treasurer.
The usual checks will be undertaken.
· Oversee the financial affairs of CNEDCU and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
· Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
· Monitor the actual financial position against budget reporting monthly and at March AGM to the Board of Directors and Members.
· Oversee the production of necessary financial/regulatory reports/returns, accounts, and audits.
· This is an unpaid role with the appointee required to become a Member and Director of CNEDCU. To become a Member the appointee must work or live in Derbyshire. The Board is collectively responsible for setting policy, developing our strategic plan, and ensuring that CNEDCU is compliant with regulatory and legislative rules.
· Liaise with relevant staff and Directors to ensure the financial viability of CNEDCU. Includes Delinquency Officer with provisions and bad debts.
· Take a lead in interpreting financial data for the Board.
· Produce Income and Expenditure together with Balance Sheet monthly from Trial Balance provided.
· Oversee the production of the rolling three-year projection.
· Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals, and feasibility studies.
· Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
· Understanding of credit unions and their regulatory and operating environment would be an advantage although training will be given.
· Time to invest in the role, equivalent of 2/3 days per month.
· Good financial analysis skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly including leading discussions and presenting information