As a group facilitator you will be leading a group committee (usually 6-10 people); ensuring clearly defined roles and responsibilities of its members; providing support and encouragement as required, maintaining the positive attitude and high levels of motivation and energy of people involved; facilitating smoothly and navigating successfully the group through moments of challenge or tension. You’ll support the group to organize and run successfully a range of inspiring activities, whose main aim will be to nurture stronger links with the local community, raise people’s awareness about environmental conservation and sustainability and attract new group members. You’ll support the group hold their meetings successfully and complete any relevant annual reports. You will be a reliable main point of contact for the RSPB HQ.
The skills you need:
• No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required – Strong interpersonal and communication skills are more important for this role
• Creative, forward thinker
• High standards of efficiency, reliability and quality.
• Computer literate with internet and email access.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
What’s in it for you:
• Your work will have a great local impact and will play a crucial role in inspiring communities give nature a home. Through your work you will be making a real difference by inspiring your local community get actively involved in our movement to save nature.
• This exceptional opportunity will offer new challenges that will take your leadership, communication and creative skills even further.
• You will be an important part of the RSPB, the largest wildlife conservation charity in Europe! You will get out outstanding insight into our work. We will provide you with continuous guidance and support so you can build the skills and confidence that will help you carry out your work successfully and become an inspiring leader.
• This role is an exceptional opportunity to meet many new people, make new friends and expand your local networks.
• All expenses will be reimbursed.