The Royal British Legion (the Legion) is the UK’s leading Armed Forces charity, providing practical, emotional and financial support to all members of the British Armed Forces past and present, and their families. Our mission is to provide welfare, comradeship, representation and Remembrance for the Armed Forces Community.
We require an Information Volunteer who will be responsible for the following:
You may be asked to do some or all of the following depending on the needs of your line manager or location:
- Welcoming visitors to Legion premises or events.
- Answering queries about the Legion, including its history and the services it provides.
- Assisting beneficiaries to identify a range of support options available to them, using our online information site ‘Knowledgebase’.
- Identifying when beneficiaries need further support from the Legion, and ensuring their details are passed on to the an Area Advice and Information Officer.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of services.
- Develop a basic understanding of the statutory benefits framework, and local support services.
- Involved in sales of Poppy Shop items using the electronic ordering system (no cash handling), if based in a Pop In Centre, which may include restocking products.
You will be based in one of our Pop In Centres, secondary offices or outreach locations.