Retail Volunteer Role Description
Department : Retail
Supervisor : Shop Manager
Location : One of our shops in North Derbyshire. Please see our shop list at www.ashgatehospice.org.uk
Time commitment: A regular commitment is important. Ideally, one morning or afternoon per week. Although a few hours a week are still valuable to us.
Ashgate Hospice. recognises that volunteers in our retail shops play a vital part in the success of the hospice and the care it provides to patients and their families. Our shop volunteers support and promote the wider hospice and help up to form valuable links within the community. For that we are extremely grateful.
Role Description: To be part of a small team of staff and volunteers, serving customers and ensuring the image of the shop meets the standards and vision of the Retail Director.
What the role may involve?
- Meeting and welcoming customers into the shop
- Assisting customer with purchases
- Taking payments from customers and dealing with Gift Aid donations
- Putting out stock and making the shop attractive to customers
- Dealing with donations
- Steaming, sorting and sizing clothes
- General housekeeping duties
- Pricing clothing and anything else that comes in
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone that is sociable and friendly
- Can carry out the role with minimum supervision and fits in with the whole team
- Understands the importance of representing the hospice within the community
- Can give a regular commitment and would let us know if they are unavailable
- Will complete and attend our statutory training, within the first 2 months
- Will abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospice.
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community and support patient care at the hospice
- The opportunity to develop retail skills and experience
- We will provide you with all the necessary training for your role and develop your current skills
- Full travel expenses paid