Event Volunteer Role Description
Department : Fundraising
Supervisor : Staff member on duty
Location : Various location throughout North Derbyshire
Time commitment: On the day of event for as much time as you have available.
Ashgate Hospice Event Volunteers help to make our events so successful and create the atmosphere that makes people return year after year. Event days are a fun way to support the Hospice and help us raise valuable funds to support the patient care we are so proud of.
Role Description: To be part of a team of staff and volunteers to assist with the smooth running and delivery of events throughout the year. Ensuring the everyone attending the event is safe and has an enjoyable experience.
What the role may involve?
- Acting as a traffic marshal
- Greeting members of the public or taking registration details
- Helping on stalls or with food and drinks
- Acting as an ambassador for the Hospice by providing help and advice about the event
- Assisting in the smooth running and delivery of the event
- Collecting funds for the hospice
- Helping to set up or pack up the events
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone that is sociable, friendly and enthusiastic
- Understands the importance of representing the Hospice and will demonstrate our Values
- Willing to attend the Event briefing and follow the directions of the Event Coordinator
- Willing to abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospice
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community
- The opportunity to use your existing skills or develop new ones, especially around event management
- We will provide you with all the necessary training and any equipment needed
- Full travel expenses paid
Please call into the store for an application form or contact the Volunteering Team at Ashgate on 01246 568801 ext 515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org