Donation Centre Volunteer
Department : Retail
Supervisor : Donation Centre (DC) Manager
Location : Hasland
Time commitment: A regular commitment is important. Ideally, one morning or afternoon per week. Although a few hours a week are still valuable to us.
The Donation Centre is the ‘go to place’ for members of the public who wish to donate items to Ashgate Hospice. Donated items are sorted here and then distributed to our 15 retail shops. Ashgate Hospice recognise that volunteers in the Donation Centre support the wider Hospice and play a valuable role in patient care. For that we are extremely grateful.
There are many different roles within the warehouse. No two days are the same. There are roles on the reception receiving the donations, promoting Gift Aid and general admin duties. Then you could be behind the scenes sorting donated stock to be distributed to the stores. A keen eye for detail is useful, ensuring that items are in good condition and fit for sale.
What the role may involve?
- Receiving donations from members of the public
- Promoting Gift Aid and the work of the Hospice
- Maintaining the reception area so that it is clean and tidy
- Sorting donated stock
- General administration duties and answering the phone
- Light lifting, moving and handling
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone that is sociable, friendly and has excellent communication skills
- Can carry out the role with minimum supervision and fits in with the whole team
- Understands the importance of representing the hospice within the community
- Can give a regular commitment and would let us know if they are unavailable
- Will complete and attend our statutory training, within the first 3 months
- Will abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospice.
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community and support patient care at the hospice
- We will provide you with all the necessary training for your role and develop your current skills
- Full travel expenses paid
Please call into the Donation Centre for an application form or contact the Volunteering Team at Ashgate on 01246 568801 ext 515 or email email@example.com