Healthwatch Derbyshire’s (HWD) Community Engagement Volunteers’ help Healthwatch to develop our health and social care projects. Community Engagement Volunteers will help us to collect views on health and social care services from members of the public.
Volunteers undertaking this role will be able to choose to be involved in some or all of the following:
· Help plan and deliver projects within agreed time frames
· Help to prepare documentation and other resources
· Help plan volunteer engagement activities
· Promote HWD events and projects to local people.
· Actively encourage and support the public in Derbyshire to speak out and feed in their comments and views to HWD.
· Assist the Healthwatch staff team to gather views of local people by a variety of means including running focus groups, testing and carrying out consultations, surveys and questionnaires both online and on a face to face basis.
· Be the eyes and ears of the local community or community of interest and bring to the attention of the staff team issues of concern.
· Help to signpost people to information about health and social care services i.e. help with making a complaint or to get further information etc.
· To conduct mystery shopping tasks within selected health and social care services within Derbyshire and evaluate the experience of service users.
· Offer project support i.e. data entry
· Assist in analysing and interpreting data
· Contributing to the production of reports for service providers and commissioners, including recommendations for change.