We are looking for passionate volunteers to help raise vital funds by placing and maintaining collection tins in local shops and businesses. This rewarding, flexible and effective volunteering opportunity is a wonderful way to help Alzheimer’s Research UK raise funds and awareness within your local community. You’ll be an ambassador for the charity, engaging your local community with the work we do in your naturally friendly and enthusiastic way.
As a volunteer in this role, we’ll ask you to:
• Distribute collection tins to shops and businesses in your local area.
• Source new or better locations for collection tins and develop strong relationships with venues.
• Ensure the upkeep of the collection tins by keeping in contact with locations providing replacement labels, seals and tins when necessary.
• Empty, count, bank and record donations from the tins (approximately every three months) and provide a receipt of thanks to the shop owner.
• Provide simple, yet accurate, records of banking details and information to the local Regional Fundraising Officer.
• Distribute and encourage venues to display posters advertising Alzheimer’s Research UK fundraising and volunteering opportunities.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
• Good knowledge of the local area and a sense of community.
• A positive and proactive attitude.
• Confidence in talking to shop and business owners.
• Honesty and reliability.
• Numeracy and attention to detail.
• Enthusiasm and a passion for the vision of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
In return, as one of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s fantastic Collection Tin Coordinators you’ll benefit from:
• Becoming part of a movement that believes we can make breakthroughs possible.
• The opportunity to develop your leadership, communication, fundraising, and organisational skills.
• Full support and guidance from your local regional fundraising officer.
• Receive your very own Alzheimer’s Research UK collection starter pack which includes all the fundraising materials you’ll need.
• Having your expenses paid within agreed guidelines.