Location/Department: Walton Hospital Chesterfield Commitment: 2-3 hours a week
The Stroke-Neuro Team run exercise and education groups for people living with Parkinsons. The group helps us to support people living with Parkinson’s through targeted exercise and advice sessions.
The aim of our group volunteers, is to support the running of the group and to actively participate and encourage group members to engage in physical exercises to help their wellbeing.
You will work alongside a specialist Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist who will facilitate the group.
- Attend each of the Parkinson’s Exercise and Education groups.
- Before the group starts you will help set up the room and after the group has finished you will help tidy up
- Make refeshments for the group
- Participate in and encourage group members to participate in the physical exercises
- Sit with patients and listen to their experiences, also sharing your own personal experiences
- Signpost group memers to useful community groups and charities for future support
- Help collate feedback on the final session
- Local induction
- Volunteer Learning Programme
Benefits to the Volunteer:
This role offers:
- Experience of team working.
- Satisfaction of assisting others and providing an invaluable service to Derbyshire Community Health Services.
- An opportunity to develop personal skills and experience.
- Gain confidence and self esteem
- Meet new people