IPU Reception Evening and Weekend Volunteer Role Description
Department: Clinical Services
Supervisor: Administration Service Manager
Location: In Patient Unit
We are looking for people with excellent admin skills to support the IPU team with reception duties. The role is vital to help support the care delivered by clinical staff to patients and their families.
Time commitment: For this role we are looking for a regular commitment of at least 3 hours, once a week. This allows for consistency and ensures that the IPU Reception Volunteers remain familiar with their role and firmly become an established part of the IPU team.
We are looking for cover every evening of the week and especially weekends
The available shifts are:
4.30pm to 7pm Monday – Friday evenings
3pm – 7pm Saturday and Sunday early evening
Role Description: To work as part of the clinical administration team on the inpatient unit and help with reception tasks.
What the role will involve?
- Answering the phone and directing enquiries to the appropriate staff member
- Ensuring the current security measures are upheld and only nominated visitors, staff and contractors access the Hospice / IPU.
- Supporting the Hospice to ensure existing infection prevention and control measures are followed, such as ensuring all visitors and contractors have completed the required testing requirements, temperature checking all visitors/contractors on arrival, hand sanitising.
- Ensuring the supply of documents needed by clinicians is readily available
- Making up Admissions & Discharge packs
- General photocopying and scanning
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone with admin or clerical skills
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Is sensitive to the needs of our patients, their families, and our staff
- Someone that will always demonstrate our values and act as an Ambassador for the Hospice
- Willingness to abide by the guidelines, policies, and procedures of Ashgate Hospice
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community
- The opportunity to use your existing skills or develop new ones
- Training that is unique to this role and support with personal development
- Full travel expenses paid