The Dignity Awards are important in ensuring that Derbyshire Community Health Services delivers high quality services. The aim of our Dignity Award volunteers is to support us, in judging operational portfolios which have been submitted to obtain the Dignity Award. You will work alongside staff and other patient representatives from within Derbyshire Community Health Services to review submitted applications and judge them against the Dignity Award criteria.
- To read through submitted portfolios, adding comments to discuss further at panel meetings
- Attend virtual panel meetings to discuss your comments and listen to other panellists’ views
- Collectively judge each portfolio against the Dignity Award criteria
- Offer insight into the application of Dignity and Inclusion to health care from a member of the public’s’ view point
As a volunteer, you will be expected to:
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Always treat colleagues with respect.
- Access Microsoft Teams from a home device or one provided by the Trust
- Access emails from a home device or one provided by the Trust
- Act as an ambassador for Derbyshire Community Health Services and promote the service
- Report any problems to the Volunteering Officer
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy reading and evaluating
- Ability to understand a range of submitted written evidence
- Ability to work alone and within a collective group
- Friendly and professional approach
- Commitment to the volunteering service